A transport chair is a type of lightweight wheelchair offering a highly portable and easy-to-store option. Also known as a “transfer chair”, this type of wheelchair is often used for short trips in which a caregiver pushes the user from point A to point B.
The 22″ Bariatric Aluminum Transport Chair weighs only 33 pounds and supports individuals weighing up to 450 pounds. The back folds down for convenient storage.
The chair’s heavy-duty nylon reinforced upholstery is easy to clean. For the user’s added safety, this chair comes with swing-away footrests, an anti-tipper, a seat belt, a hand wheel lock lever, and companion activated wheel locks.
- Powder coated silver vein steel frame.
- Padded armrests.
- Nylon upholstery is durable, lightweight, attractive and easy to clean.
- Urethane tires mounted on composite wheels provide durability and low maintenance.
- Comes with push-to-lock wheel locks.
- Carry pocket on backrest provides additional convenience.
- Comes with swing-away footrests or elevating leg rests with tool-free adjustable length front riggings.
- Plastic foot plates.
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Overall Width (open): 24″
- Overall Width (closed): 12.5″
- Overall Height: 36″
- Seat-To-Floor Height: 19.5″
- Back Height: 16″
- Seat Dimensions: 18″ (W) x 16″ (D)
- Overall Length (with riggings): 42″
- Weight: 41 lbs.